Twitter – My favourite Social Media

 

In the world of social media, there have been many social media players that have come and gone. But there wasn’t one place that had a two-way communication, starting from the top politicians and bureaucrats to the common man. From media personnel to industrialists as well as retired armed forces officers, Twitter has people from all sections of the society. The limited characters of 240 make sure there isn’t a lot of speeches. Even if there is a thread, it is very organised and divided into parts.

I opened my Twitter account in June 2016, but I have regularly used it since 2019. I didn’t tweet a lot. I just scrolled through it the entire day. Even though it was a bad addition, it gave me a lot of information from every sector and area. The way to engage with public servants and representatives and with media and other social organisations. I have got replies from bureaucrats for issues and complaints. Even I have got a reply from a Union minister on a matter of religious discrimination that we faced for we were helping one of his supporters. Twitter has helped me in complaining to brands and getting a better response than the regular calling system.

The reason why I love Twitter, as I have mentioned, is it gives me an immense amount of information in a short period of time. It is in fact the fastest medium to disseminate information to followers. The hashtag thing, for instance, lets multiple people talk on the same issues, and makes it easier for one to follow the topic. Like other social media, Twitter has trolls and bots. It is used by political parties and organisations to trend something wrong as well, but we have to stay away and decide what is good and what is bad for us. I hope the world turns better and people stop spreading hatred. I will continue to be there and get a clear cut and crisp information over it.

My Twitter: @sourav_kanungo

Comments

Popular Posts