My favourite TV show: Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah

 

Goli Beta Masti Nahi" is a dialogue that all Hindi Content viewers know. Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah is a show that is watched by people from all generation. In fact, it is a very important part of the daily schedule of many people.

I was not a fan of TV and neither do I watch it anymore regularly. I remember that one weekend I was randomly surfing through my TV and I came across this show. The jokes then were funny even though they were stupid. A lot of it didn't make sense but it was not offending anybody and was making me smile. I became a regular viewer of the serial.
The whole setup of showing a society that runs like a family was really nice. It is more like a setup that shows the deflection of an actual society. Most man going to work different kinds of jobs or business. The coming back and having fun chat at the end of the day. Women group staying inside the colony and discussing. They even rising up sometimes for women empowerment. A group of kids both working and being naughty together. An elderly figure and a bachelor. The society was complete with the choice of characters. The inclusion of cultural diversity played a major role. I would agree that some part of it wasn't right (or you might prefer patriarchal) or shouldn't have been shown, but nothing is perfect. The troubles faced by Jethalal and the solution that came was something I looked for. I in fact turned my whole family into watching that. They even like the show and they watch it till date, whereas I don’t anymore.  The good part is, even if I watch a set of 4-5 episodes, I will know the story as the base is same.

I am really happy how the show has got matured and now the jokes make sense. I don't think anybody gets offended by that show. The amount of fan following of the show is immense. Maybe this is the reason why Jethalal i.e. played by Dilip Joshi is the highest paid tv actor per day of shooting amongst all serials in India. And honestly, he deserves it. Tell me your favourite dialogue from the show. If you understand and like Hindi and still don’t watch it, you are missing out on something.

Comments

Popular Posts