The funny tale of Covid-19

 

Hi, I am Covid-19. I am called so because it is an abbreviation of Coronavirus disease 2019. I was allegedly born in 2019 at a lab in China. I am not sure about it, but it doesn’t matter anymore. Now there are 4 prominent variations of me across the globe (The Health Site, 2021) along with some smaller ones, such as India’s variation. These new variations are difficult to counter with the existing mechanism.

I had grown weak during the lockdown phase across the world. My ability to transmit was restricted due to limited human interaction. It was a bad time for me as my cases started to fall. It is not that I individually can take down lives, but I used to power other diseases in one’s body while weakening its immunity. Not being able to spread was a concern for my original variant. But then, like any other virus, I also came up with multiple new variants, as I mentioned. They are stronger and have a better ability to pass up to multiple people. The humans on the other hand have lowered down their guards and are taking me very lightly, especially here in India. It was majorly because my cases went down and the mortality rate was really low. Now look who’s back and stronger!

Due to the multiple opportunities that humans provide me these days to get into their bodies, I am spreading like a wildfire. Humans without masks and hands un-sanitised are the easiest to target. Then there are people whose masks are only to cover the mouth or sometimes only the chin. They wash their hands once a day and I don’t have to make a lot of effort to get to their body. Infact these two categories also take me to their family and dear ones and let me spread, easily. The third category, those who keep their hands clean and sanitised and always cover their faces with a mask or shield are trouble for me.

Not an issue though. The government has exhausted the option of total lockdown because of the economic loss it brings with it. They can’t shut me out completely. But they are putting up temporary restrictions which are causing me harm. But then, India is full of religious people. There are various religious festivals going on and I simply have to get in one of those. It is so damn easy to spread there, with many forgetting about my presence. Also, along with that, elections are a major part of this country. Senior members of the state and union government, who used to stand against me, have now decided to help me. They help me by asking people to gather in lakhs and do not even ask them once to stay alert of me. I feel so good to spread and I assure you, if I can ever come out in a Human form, I would vote for those leaders.

I am looking forward to coming back to the majority of the individuals and create a sense of panic like last year. I hope you don’t bother a lot about masks and stuff. Enjoy life king size, don’t keep these distractions with you. See your body soon. (giggles)

Comments

  1. Crazzzyyy!!!
    You wrote it down in a very funny way but the moral is taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the goal. Thank you so much Mounika. Glad you liked it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts