Madam Secretary: A series worth watching

 

“One crisis at a time” This is one amongst a few other statements that I carry with me said by the Character Elizabeth McCord in the series ‘Madam Secretary’. There are other series that caters to subject and content based on diplomacy, politics, good speeches, and shows good work. But this one is an amazing series. At least I love it.

Madam Secretary is an American series that shows the story of a woman from a non-political background who becomes the Secretary of State for the US, appointed by the President since he has been her boss before. I started watching it on the advice of an instructor to look at it from a communications point of view. The series shows us what can she talk about, what words can she use and what she cannot, what can she wear and what she can’t, where can she appear and where she can’t and the protocols around it. As a student of communication and reputation management, these things are very vital for us to understand. I like the amount of work that is put on Elizabeth McCord and adore the speeches she gives.
Along with that, the series has many things to offer. Of course, since it glorifies the US Dept. of State, it shows how amazingly she manages crisis between two countries and it teaches us diplomacy. The depiction of how two partners or couples, if they understand and respect each other can fight and disagree on many things still love and stay together. It tells me how important purpose is. It also shows how to strike a balance between family and work and how to find joy between imperfection.

Since it is a story, I like that it all ends up on a good note and it looks at the greater picture. I am honestly glued to it, but since each story is different from the other, except the basic storyline, I get to watch it in parts. I suggest you see it as well.

Comments

Popular Posts