Procrastination and reasons

 

The meaning- the action of delaying or postponing something. We have come across many situations (at least me) where I have no reason not to work, but I find minor reasons not to and I end up not doing it. It affects me in a long run. In a major way where I have to rush. But still can’t fix that up. As for writing this blog, I sat an hour late than the time I initially thought I would.

Some people call it lazy, but that isn’t the case. It isn’t a defect also. It is just some odd habit. Time management and all can help, but not completely. I have come across many explanations over the years, but I like two of them. They are as follows.

1) The idea of perfection- When you want to do something perfectly, you either fear the outcome might not be perfect or you don’t find the perfect time and place or facilities to do it. That is an issue I have been through and the (forced) work that I did, I ended up deleting and destroying it after it was done. And it left me in more frustration than being forced to do it.

2) The emotional well being isn’t correct- The emotional state of a person can affect the way he works or the reason behind him affecting it. The mind or the mental well-being might not be good and it will largely affect the person for a long time. When something is bothering me, I never can sit and work.

I connect to both of these to an extent, so I wrote these two. The idea of not willing to work for not enough wage or value to work can also be a reason. But I believe, if you have signed up for something, do that. Just for yourself and your reputation, if not anything else.

Comments

Popular Posts