It is tough being a teacher

 

I have been an instructor to cadets as a NCC RDC cadet. Apart from drill and parades types, I have taught them basic conversation and etiquette to maintain. My experience being a cadet has taught me that if you are not great and you don’t stand apart from the crown, nobody will want you in their contingent, even for camps like IGC.

I was trusted with the responsibility to teach the cadets and make them a fine gentleman. I recently had attended the RDC and I was aware of the most recent methods and rules of the parade and also how to ace it. To match the expectations and after two sessions, I realised these cadets aren’t going to listen to me just like that. I was pretty rude from the next session. I used to punish a lot for mistakes after I have taught. I have had my students call me rude and heartless, but I guess I didn’t have a problem with that. The cadets who were free with me stopped discussing issues, thinking I might end up shouting at them for small complaints. Days passed and the troop I taught became the 2nd best troop in the annual parade of the republic day celebration 2014. The ceremony was graced by the Chief Minister of Odisha and I was super proud of them. The cadets became free with me later on.

As a teacher, my goal to make sure they become the best. I was ready to go to any extent to do that. It is a tough job being one. We have to make sure they turn out good, give enough attention to each one of them without being biased. But in the end, when your students do good, the feeling is really good.

Comments

Popular Posts