Concentration issues

 

We don’t have it. This is the first thing that I hear when I discuss about it, especially from my generation when I talk about concentration. It is true in my case at least. I get jealous of how people can put their mind into one thing and never get distracted. Discipline, control over the mind, or better time management, whatever you can call it, is something that I really want to have.

It takes me a lot of effort to be able to concentrate on something. And it can be lost within minutes of starting the other activity. I have been told concentration can be achieved by meditation. I can’t concentrate when I am meditating. Even I push myself to do something if there is a slight noise in the background or there is a mobile notification, I get distracted. And waste quite several minutes before coming back. As much as I hate it, I always realise it after wasting that time. The non-conscious decision and habits to check feed over social media or to open a movie that I have watched in the past and watch it again are issues that trouble me the most.

A solution?
Well, there is none with me. I just know, that if you have a packed schedule and you have to finish something by the end of the day, you will probably do your best to achieve that. If I am corned in a box of time and with work, I rush without wasting any second. But if that isn’t the case, I push it to the last moments before completing it.

If you have a solution or you want me to try something, please let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts