What made me consider Public Relations as an option for higher studies?

 When I was a child, I never understood why Tata salt was known as Desh Ka Namak. My father explained to me that it is a tagline that comes with the product. I began to notice that, and understood how the reputation of Tata was so high and that helped them coin a tagline like that. During my graduation, I had multiple internships. One was in media, one in media management and one in corporate communications. I understood the difference between advertisement and public relations then. I understood how an earned media is way more credible than paid media. I was so fascinated about this field. A small group of people, who are responsible for the reputation of the entire company in front of their customers, employees, investors and the general public. When I researched about it, I found many qualities that I have which are a great match for the field of PR. My habits and nature drove me towards this. Some of them are:

       I.          Keen to learn new things, concepts, companies, brands and people

     II.          Good at communication, presenting my point and listing and understanding theirs

    III.          Good at researching, digging deep into the past and present of a thing or area

   IV.          I am always into current affairs of my state, country and of around the world

     V.          Attention to details has always been a part of all the work that I do

Apart from these, I don’t want to be stuck at the same kind of work to deal with every day that after a year or two tends to get boring and frustrating. This field allows me diversity and allows me to work in various sectors, for various types of clients. I can use my social media understanding in this field and help my recruiter to benefit from it. I take inspiration from great things around me and I innovate new ideas, which is cherished in this field. I have a knack for crisis solving because I usually don’t tend to get nervous.

It is a beautiful mix of many other vital fields. Over a period of time, we all have seen how PR has helped companies as well as individuals in both the good and bad times. In these times of Covid 19, the trust of brands plays the most vital role for a brand. I wish to be one amongst these unsung heroes in the future, who is known across the corporates as someone who can manage the reputation of any brand without saying no to any situation.

Comments

Popular Posts