What to write today?

 

Yes! You read that right. The headline seems very weird right? It is actually. But if you ask communicators, writers and bloggers, this is a big issue they face quite number of times when they sit down to write. I am sure, if you are one of them, you've been through this. You might wonder, why do they have to write about anything at all? There can be multiple reasons to it. Some work in content creation teams, some don’t want to lose out on traffic in their blogs/websites and some, like me, just want to improve their writing skills.

I could go on speaking for hours, but I never preferred writing on paper or in notebooks. It was mainly because of two reasons: my handwriting is bad and I am too lazy. It all changed since I started typing. When I started pursuing my graduation for journalism and mass communication, the habit of writing gained momentum, in the form of assignments. My typing hand developed to some extent. I had realised the aura of written texts by then. In the world that was so indulged in producing and consuming content and data in the form of podcasts and videos, the intellectuals still preferred write ups. The audience that were avid readers never left their knack of reading. A reader myself, the magic that a paper, a book or a blog would have, will remain unmatched with the other available forms. But when I sat on the other side of the table: writing or producing content, I realised how difficult it was. You have to adhere to many unsaid rules, follow many norms, all just to make sure the standard of writing does not fall.

A major issue with me has always been deciding on a topic to write. I have a topic and many counters to it: it might be too political, it might hurt someone, it might be too boring, it does not concern the world etc. A lot of topics come to my mind now and then, but I don’t tend to remember them later and for some reason I don’t note them down at that moment.  As a result of which today, here I am writing on what to write about! Do you have suggestions for me? Or do you want me to help you express your story? Drop me a text or comment down below!


Comments

Popular Posts